I loved it!
I loved the super-sweet and moist topping with it's embedded fruit.
I loved the tender cake.
I loved everything about it!
I have tried many recipes for this classic cake.
None were as perfect as this one.
I kinda feel bad,because it's so easy and it starts with a boxed cake mix!
I bet you'll agree, It's the Best I've ever had...
And by far, the easiest!
Best Pineapple Up-Side Down Cake.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple
- 6-8 maraschino cherries, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (18 ounce) package Duncan Hines Supreme pineapple cake mix
- 1 (5 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup pineapple juice (use the juice from the canned pineapple w/ a little water added)
- 1/2 cup canola or veg oil
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour butter in a 9x13 pan .
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter in pan.
- Drain canned pineapple into a measuring cup.
- Place pineapple slices evenly in pan, covering the bottom of pan.
- Place the maraschino cherry halves in the center of the pineapple slices, cut side up.
- Combine the rest of ingredients in a large mixing bowl on slow speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes , run a knife around the edges of the cake, and turn cake out onto a serving platter, pineapple side up.