But I've always been intimidated to make them, they seemed difficult for some reason.
Until I found this recipe!
They couldn't be easier!
They are light, tender, perfect scones!
And they taste just like one of my favorite cookies!
whats not to love??
Not too sweet. Not at all dry or crumbly.
You'll be glad you did!
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips. (optional)
- additional cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine sour cream and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt in another bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. (I used my food processor)
- Combine egg with sour cream mixture. Add cinnamon.
- Gently stir into flour mixture until moist.
- Place on baking sheet and pat into a 3/4 inch thick circle.
- Cut into 8 wedge shaped pieces. Move slightly so they are not touching.
- Dust with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- I also combined 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. and a little water to make a glaze to drizzle over them. YUMMY!