Here we go...
I'm gonna try to tell you about this recipe without drooling on my keyboard, drool just isn't good for electronics.
Wanna make something different than you've ever made before?
Wanna eat something lemony?
Wanna make something impressive?
Wanna eat something that is so rich it'll curl your toes?
A delightfully rich and Lemon filling nestled inside a melt-in-your-mouth crisp meringue shell.
Up-Side Down Lemon Meringue Pie (Lemon Clouds)
4 egg whites (room temperature)
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
5 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
4 Tablespoons lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Beat 4 eggs whites.
- add cream of tartar. continue beating.
- gradually add sugar 2 tablespoons at a time until 1 cup has been added.
- Continue beating until you have fluffy stiff peaks.
- Spread meringue into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch GREASED pie pan. (or use a greased cookie sheet and make individual sized "clouds" smoothing them bowl shape)
- Bake at 275 degrees f for 1 hour. allow to cool in the oven with the door slightly ajar.
- whip 5 egg yolks with a fork or whisk until well combined.
- stir in 1/2 cup sugar and 4 Tablespoons lemon juice.
- pour into a small sauce pan, cool over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened (your looking for a nice kinda thick pancake consistency)
- cool completely.
- once your custard is cool.... Whip one cup heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- fold the cooled custard mixture and lemon zest into the whipped cream.
- Pour into meringue shell/clouds
- chill thoroughly, garnish with whipped cream dollops and lemon zest.
Small slices and/or clouds are the way to go.
Subscribe via e-mail.
Subscribe in a reader