I love Greek salad!
I was cleaning out the refrigerator & looking for something to make for lunch.
I started tossing things together and ended up making one of the BEST meals I have ever eaten!
We'll call it Greek Pasta with Shrimp... creative name huh?
Yeah, I'm smart like that.
You can get as creative as you want with this dish.
Like Artichoke hearts?
Toss some in there!
Have a kid who would threaten to barf at the sight of a Kalamata Olive?
Leave em out!
Here we go...
Dana's Greek Pasta with Shrimp.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lb uncooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- 1 handful Kalamata Olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Bell pepper cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces angel hair or thin spaghetti pasta, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and shrimp to the skillet and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add feta cheese, capers, Olives, peppers, tomatoes, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Saute for 2 minutes or until shrimp are cooked and pink.
- In a large bowl, stir together the angel hair pasta and shrimp mixture; toss to coat.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with Feta cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately