My BFF Marlene and I often went to our favorite seafood restaurant just to eat their Greek Salad.
It was special.. the waiter would prepare it table-side with great flair.
This Greek dressing is a little more tart than others.
My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
'It's All Greek to Me' Greek Salad
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (or 4 teaspoons fresh)
- 4teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 2 teaspoons fresh)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour to let the flavors bloom.
- 2 heads Romain Lettuce, cut or torn into bite-sized pieces.
- 1 large cucumber (I prefer the English Cucumbers) seeded and sliced.
- 3 tomatoes sliced (I like a few handfuls of grape tomatoes)
- 1 green Bell pepper, seeded & sliced
- 1 red Bell pepper, seeded & sliced.
- 1 red onion thinly sliced.
- 1/2 pound of Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives.
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4-6 pepperochini peppers
- 4-6 anchovy fillets (optional) blech!
- Toss all ingredients together with the dressing.
- Serve with a nice crusty bread.