The pretzel crust MAKES this dish!
Crush them fine and your guests will keep wondering what it is!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) cartons frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons white sugar; mix well and press mixture into bottom of 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until set; set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup white sugar.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly.
- When mixture sets a little bit (to about the consistency of egg whites) pour and spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set.
Subscribe via e-mail.
Subscribe in a reader