Jul 20, 2010

Quick Fix Tip (fix a too salty sauce/soup/stew)

Oh My Goodness!

I'm making Smothered Steak for dinner tonight,
And man oh MAN did I mess up.
I MORE than double salted it!

The gravy/sauce is way too salty.

But.. never fear.... it can be fixed!

All you have to do is peel a potato...
and drop it into your simmering salty sauce or soup, or stew...

Let is simmer for awhile.

The potato will absorb some of the salt!


Try it!
It works!





Subscribe via e-mail.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe in a reader
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip...You have a great blog...have enjoyed my stop...

    Have a few hours to blog hop....Love nights like this.......Hope you will stop by....new giveaway on my holiday blog...A BOOK EXTRAVAGANZA!

    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...