All of my kids (even the fish-haters) all love these salmon patties.
And they are SO easy to make!
They stay moist,
They freeze beautifully,
They make a great Salmon Patty sandwich to pack in a lunch,
so make plenty for left-overs!
I usually serve it with sliced lemons, some Malt vinegar, and my "secret sauce".
Dana's Perfect Salmon Patties
Makes 4-5 patties
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canned salmon
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 2-3 Tablespoons oil for pan frying.
- drain salmon thoroughly, flake it with a fork in a large bowl.
- add remaining ingredients (except oil) and mix well.
- Form into patties.
- Add oil to a frying pan and heat to med-high heat.
- Fry patties until golden brown, turning once during cooking.
- Serve with Secret Sauce (recipe below)
Dana's Secret Sauce
This sauce is embarrassingly simple to make.
But it works great on everything from burgers, to these salmon patties!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard (or to taste)
Mix together well and serve as a dipping sauce or spread.
Subscribe via e-mail.
Subscribe in a reader