These skins were the break-out hit of our Super-Bowl Party.
Everyone loves the Loaded Potato skins at 0ur favorite restaurant,
I just never thought about making them at home.
I think the slight smoke flavor from the grilling makes these MUCH better!
There are two problems with the restaurant skins...
They are fried!
They are expensive!
These are SO much better and SO easy to make!
And... I'm gonna show you how.
Dana's Grilled Loaded Potato Skins
- Medium potatoes (as many as you like, but remember! each potato makes 2 skins!)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- Melted butter , or non-stick cooking spray
- Your favorite potato toppings, (sour cream, bacon, chives, Shredded BBQ, etc..)
- Scrub clean potatoes.
- Bake potatoes in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until fork-tender, approx 1 hour.
- Heat outdoor grill to medium High.
- Remove potatoes from oven and cut each in half.
- Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
- Using a spoon, carefully scoop the potato flesh out of the skin, leaving approx 1/2inch thick shell.
- Brush the cut side of the skins with melted butter (or spray em with nonstick cooking spray)
- Place potatoes, cut/scooped side down onto your hot grill.
- Grill until golden brown and crispy, approx 4 minutes. (watch these suckers! they can burn fast!)
- Flip the skins over.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Grill until cheese is melted (2-4 minutes)
- Serve Immediately with your favorite potato toppings.
- Sour Cream
- Chopped BBQ
- Scrambled Eggs
Subscribe via e-mail.
Subscribe in a reader