I've made this more times than I can count.
This dish is to die for!
Make it today and watch your family inhale it!
It's uber Asian-comfort food.
Funky Chicken and Sesame Noodles
- 1 lb thin spaghetti noodles ,cooked al dente, drained & rinsed.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp fresh Ginger, finely diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger,
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sesame oil, for sauteing
Funkying the chicken:
- In a bowl mix the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, garlic, brown sugar and the ginger.
- Make sure the sugar has pretty much dissolved.
- Add the chicken, making sure it's all coated with the sauce.
- Cover and stick in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain (I also rinse).
- In a jar, add the soy sauce, sesame oil and the sugar.
- Shake until well blended and the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour this over the pasta.
- lightly toast sesame seeds in a skillet over med heat on your stove-top.
- Toss noodles with scallions and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Set aside while you cook the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large non-stick pan.
- Add the chicken in batches and saute for about 10 minutes, or until done, adding more sesame oil as needed.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and let cool slightly.
- Slice the chicken diagonally into thin strips.
- Serve the chicken over the sesame noodles.
- This marinade makes the chicken brown beautifully!
- This marinade is AMAZING for shrimp!
- Also Salmon!
- Yum! Yum! Yum!!
Subscribe via e-mail.
Subscribe in a reader