Who didn't experience the warm goodness of homemade tuna noodle casserole when they were a child?
Very few of you, I bet!
It's not gourmet.
It's not fancy.
It IS good old-fashioned comfort on a plate!
Here we go!
Flashback Tuna-Noodle Casserole
SERVES 4 -6
- 1 (12 ounce) bag egg noodles, cooked al-dente
- 1 to 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup, not diluted (if you like it creamier, add 2 cans)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna, packed in water, do NOT drain!
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1 cup green peas (frozen work great!)
- 1 generous pinch black pepper.
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT crushed potato chips, gently mix to combine and coat well.
- Pour into a buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle crushed potato chips evenly on top.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 min until bubbly.
Subscribe via e-mail.
Subscribe in a reader