I expected to be contacted about my groundbreaking new technique for getting inside the human psyche.
Perhaps I would be published in some wonderfully intelligent medical journal.
Maybe even be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize!!
Everyone just wanted my bun recipe
here is recipe #1...
You can even use your breadmaker!!
It couldn't be easier!
Look at Those Buns!!
Homemade Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns
(using a Bread Maker)
- 1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
(hamburger buns, if you want hot dog buns. cut 'em to that shape)
**TIP** My neighbor's took 20 minutes to be done... so it really does depend on your oven, just watch 'em.
- Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine, according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
- Cut dough in half and roll each half out to a 1" thick circle.
- Cut each half into six 3 1/2" rounds with inverted glass as a cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheet far apart and brush with melted butter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
- Bake at 350° for 9 minutes.
Note: Oven temperatures vary so check after 9 minutes to see if done.