Yes.. I know they are jam-packed with nutrients.
Yes.. I know everyone says they are yummy.
Unless it was Thanksgiving, we just never made them.
So, of course the men-folk in the house swear they hate them.
Until last night!
These Spicy Sweet Potatoes are wonderful!
They are easy to make!
And, even die-hard sweet potato haters will devour them!
Mine sure did.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- Peel the sweet potatoes, cut into approx 1 inch cubes. (this will give you approx 6 cups of potato cubes) Place in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Pour coated sweet potato cubes onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees F for 40 - 45 min. Stirring every 15 minutes.