They Have quickly become a favorite at our house!
Quesadilla Burgers are a wonderful way to spice up the normal hamburger.
Dana's Quesadilla Burgers
- Ground Beef, seasoned with salt, pepper, cumin (whatever you like!)
- Flour Tortillas
- Cheese, shredded (I like a cheddar or Mexican blend)
- Purple onions, bell peppers and garlic, sauteed
- Black olives, sliced (optional)
- Cooking Spray
- Guacamole & Sour Cream for toppings.
- Shape into large thin patties.
- You want the finished patties to be approx the same size as your tortillas.
- Grill the patties to desired doneness, set aside.
- Heat a large skillet, (I use my electric griddle so I can cook more at once).
- Lightly spray one side of a tortilla with cooking spray.
- Place (spray-side down) into the hot pan.
- Apply approx 2 tablespoons of salsa on the tortilla.
- Add one cooked ground beef patty.
- Top with sauteed onions & peppers.
- Sprinkle with cheese
- add black olives (if desired)
- Another Tablespoon or so of salsa.
- Top with another flour tortilla. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Allow to cook until the bottom tortilla is crisp and lightly browned.
- Carefully flip with a large spatula, continue cooking until crisp and browned.
- Remove from pan, cut into wedges.
- serve with a dollop of sour cream and guacamole.
** The Quesadilla Burgers pictured were made to fit into my diet!
I have managed to lose 22.5 lbs since December 11.
I am NOT doing it by suffering through bland "diet" foods.
I'm just making some changes to my favorite dishes, so I can enjoy them with my family.
Well... that and reducing my portion size.
Dana's "lite" quesadilla burgers
Made the exact same as above... Except-
- I used 93%/7% very lean beef.
- Fat Free, Low Carb, whole wheat tortillas.
- only 1 & 1/2 Tablespoons of low-fat, finely shredded Extra Sharp cheddar cheese.
- No Sour Cream (I really really don't like the fat-free stuff... bleck!)
- I didn't use any cooking spray, because my electric griddle has a non-stick coating and worked just fine!
BUT.. I am losing weight ONLY because I am not depriving myself of the things I enjoy!
I'm just modifying them a tad.
I know from past experience, that when I deprive myself of the foods I enjoy.. I FAIL!
Either way you make em... They are Delicious!