Tostadas, Hard Tacos, Nachos, Soft Tacos, Burritos, we love em all!
You have no idea how many times I have been making Tacos only to realize I didn't have one of those packages of taco seasoning! Grrrrrr
I'd have to stop what I was doing and run to the store!
Dana's Homemade Taco Seasoning.
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated onion, Minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper, Crushed (Or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon instant garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin, Ground
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend well.
- Store in an air-tight container or baggie until ready to use.
- Brown 1 lb lean ground beef over medium-high heat- drain. (I like to toss in some diced Bell Pepper now too)
- Add 1/2 cup water and the seasoning mix.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Makes enough filling for 8 to 10 tacos.