I got to thinking.... why not mix the two?
The results were an AMAZING dish that everyone in my house loved and asked for seconds of!
This is more of a technique than an actual recipe..
Here we go!
The Cast Of Characters
Hot dogs, Sliced.
Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
Your favorite chili, canned or homemade.
Corn bread Homemade, or my favorite Jiffy Brand.
Your favorite individual-sized casserole dishes.
- Add sliced Hot dogs to chili in a pot on the stove and heat to a simmer.
- Fill your individual casserole dishes a little more than half-way with the hot chili/hotdog mixture.
3. Generously sprinkle with shredded cheese.
4. Top the cheese layer with your cornbread batter, (filling almost to the top)
5. Bake at 400 degrees for approx 10-12 min or until a toothpick inserted into the cornbread comes out clean.
6. Dig in and ENJOY!
I am also going to try this with my favorite homemade chili recipe this winter! YUM!
I also made a batch in a 9x9 square pan, took longer to cook, of course but was wonderful!
Subscribe via e-mail.
Subscribe in a reader