I have been spending a lot of time testing Asian foods.
I love Chinese food!
I perfected Shrimp Lo Mein.
Now, I have the perfect recipe for Bourbon Chicken!!
Did you know that there is no actual bourbon in Chinese Bourbon Chicken?
Whats up with that??
I made it for the kids and their various girlfriends last night.
All the plates were licked clean!!
It tastes just like it does in my favorite Chinese joint!
And, trust me when I tell you, My kids are the best litmus test for any food!
Dana's Bourbon Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.
I kept it kind of tame because of the young'ins.
The older boys and the Man-of-My-Dreams would love it with about double the amount of red pepper flakes.