Feb 9, 2009

Bacon Cheeseburger EXPLOSION!


By Now, most of you have heard about the Bacon Explosion recipe created by The BBQ Addicts.
If you haven't, you have GOT see their incredible creation HERE.

Their genius and creativity got me thinking...
Everything is better with bacon right? We all know that!
So, why not use their idea and make a bacon cheeseburger using the Bacon Explosion technique?
Instead of cooking individual hamburger patties topped with bacon, Why not cook it all together, wrapped in a bacon weave, then just slice it to use on the bun?

So, thats just what I did!
And, I'm gonna show you how!

Bacon Explosion Cheeseburger.

  • First, I made a bacon weave just like they did.
  • Then I slathered it with my favorite BBQ sauce.
  • Next, I pressed some lean ground beef out onto the bacon weave I pressed it to make sure it was an even layer (approx 1/2" thick) .
  • I sprinkled my favorite spice rub over the ground beef.
  • Then I sprinkled it with finely shredded Cheddar cheese & a few handfuls of crisp-cooked bacon pieces
  • I rolled the whole thing up tightly.
Ain't it purdy???

  • I tied it up with cooking twine, because I was making a larger, bun-sized roll, and I needed the twine to help hold the bacon ends in place.
  • Tossed my beautiful "Log-O-Meat" into the smoker. (seam-side down)
  • I smoked it at approx 250 degrees F. until the internal temperature reached 160 degrees f.
  • I removed the kitchen twine.
  • Then I coated it, one more time, with my favorite BBQ sauce.

This is what it looked like after smoking for a few hours.


I let it rest for a few minutes while I gathered my burger makin supplies.
  • Buns
  • Cheese
  • Onions
  • Mayo
  • BBQ Sauce
  • Pickles
  • Anything your heart desires!
Then we sliced our Beautiful Bacon Cheeseburger Log.

I gotta say...
This was one of the BEST burgers I have ever had!
Smoking it gave it that "Can't be beat" flavor.
And the bacon?? Lord Help Me! took it over the top!

Next time, I think I'm gonna stuff it with grilled onions for me,
and some jalapeno peppers for the men-folk!!

The guys over at BBQ Addicts are Brilliant!!
There are endless possibilities to this technique!

Experiment! You'll be glad you did!

Photobucket
Pin It!

1 comment:

Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...