That little girl could eat kolaches and pigs-in-a-blanket until she bursts!
I thought it was time to update those good old finger foods.
Today Dog Bread was born!Dana's Dog Bread.
- 3 Hot Dogs
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- shredded cheddar cheese (American slices work well too!)
- Preheat oven to 375 f degrees.
- On a lightly greased cookie sheet, Unroll crescent roll dough to form a large rectangle, pinching any seams closed so you have one large piece of dough.
- cut the dough into three equal rectangular pieces (each piece should be large enough to wrap around a hot dog)
- Place one hot dog lengthwise in the center of each dough rectangle.
- sprinkle approx 1 Tablespoon of cheese on the hot dog.
- fold the dough over the hot dog pinching the ends and seam closed.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the hot dog into slices, being careful NOT to cut through the dough seam. See Picture below.
- Starting at one end of the hot dog/dough roll, flip/turn one hot dog slice over the seam and lay it on it's side.
- The next slice just lay over onto the baking sheet. This will leave one hot dog slice showing on each side of the seam. (see picture below)
- continue alternating slices until you reach the end of the dough.
Ain't that Pretty?