But sometimes I just don't feel like messing with finding good peppers for stuffing, and all the time and work that goes into stuffing the suckers!
With a family as big as mine, it take a long time!
This way is so much better!
You get the great stuffed pepper taste in a fraction of the time!
Dana's Un-Stuffed Pepper Bake
- 2lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (16oz.) cans stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (16oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 2 large green pepper, chopped (or more to suite your taste)
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cups water
- 2Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese (or more to suite your taste)
- In a skillet, brown beef. season with salt and pepper, Drain.
- Transfer to a greased casserole dish. (I use a 13x9)
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Uncover and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Return to the oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.