FLASHBACK to the 70's again!
My Grandma used to make these every year for Christmas.
My brother and I devoured them!
Stained Glass Cookies/Candy
- Ina large saucepan, melt the butter and the chips over low heat until completely melted. ***OR do as I always do and just toss em in a big bowl and use the microwave. Much easier! Microwave it for 45seconds.... stir.... then microwave it in 20 second intervals until the chocolate chips are melted and stir it smooth.***
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and chopped nuts.
- Cool mixture for about 10 minutes, until cool but not not to the point where it is hardening. (you don't want it hot enough to melt your marshmallows!)
- Fold in the marshmallows and stir until well-coated (it will look like you don't have enough chocolate but don't worry) Spoon mixture down the center of a 24" piece of waxed paper or aluminum foil and shape into a log.
- At this point if you like coconut roll the log in coconut to cover.
- Wrap the log firmly in the foil or waxed paper, folding the ends snugly.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- When ready cut into 1/4 inch slices and enjoy!