Dec 17, 2008

Maple Cinnamon Snickerdoodles.

These are really good cookies!
They are light & crisp on the outside and delicately soft inside.
Sweet & simple made with Cinnamon and Real Maple Syrup.
Santa will love these!

Maple Cinnamon Snickerdoodles


2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons real maple syrup
1 egg

1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon real maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  2. in large bowl, stir together; flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon. set aside.
  3. In another large bowl, cream together; margarine & sugar until light and fluffy.
  4. add; egg, and real maple syrup. beat until well blended.
  5. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
  6. In a small bowl, mix coating ingredients together until well mixed.
  7. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls.
  8. Roll the balls in the sugar mixture to coat.
  9. Place cookie balls onto an UNgreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
  10. Bake 8 to 10 min. (cookies will look cracked on top but wet in the middle when done)
  11. cool on wire rack.
  12. Enjoy!!
Pin It!


  1. These just got added to my Christmas cookie list. My son is a rabid snickerdoodle lover and a fan of maple syrup.

  2. I made these ones after I made the chocolate cherry...I used real maple syrup (is there anything else?) and I have to say, I couldn't hardly taste the maple syrup it at all. I think I underbaked my first batch by a minute. But these don't have the bite that snickerdoodles have (the cream of tarter bite), These look really pretty. I will take them to the XMas party and see how others like them.

  3. Uummm,
    I gotta say that I agree with you.
    I like the simplicity of these cookies. I think they are pretty and yummy, but I, like you wish they tasted more "maple" than they did.
    I figure out how to do it without messing with the consistency of the dough by adding more syrup.

    Roll them in Maple sugar!
    You know... maple syrup, boiled down to a sugar form! yummm!

    The only problem is we don't have it in Texas!!! When we lived up north you could buy maple sugar and maple sugar candies all the time....

    I sure hope someone tries it and lets us know.
    I am gonna try a maple glaze.

    so, I'm with you.
    Good cookie.. but not as maple as I'd like.


  4. Oh, Maple Sugar Candy! YUM, I bought some on ebay a few years back from someone in Canada and he added a few free maple lollipops...THEY WERE AWESOME! -I spent my summers in Canada, love maple leaf cookies too.
    Look on ebay or the internet...It aint cheap though!
    I have seen a snickerdoodle recipe that calls for the maple sugar for them to be rolled in. I think I saw it on the internet too.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...