Nov 22, 2008

Spinach & Feta Stuffed, Bacon Wrapped , Chicken Breasts.

This is another one of my most requested recipes...

This dish is easy enough for every night family meals,
yet impressive enough to serve your guests at any dinner party.

It is simple to throw together and it freezes beautifully!
I always make a ton of these suckers to keep in the freezer for those nights that I just don't feel like cooking.
Directions for freezing and freezing photos can be found by clicking --> HERE
You can make it with cream cheese or feta.

Dana's Spinach & Feta Stuffed, Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts.

It's not so much a recipe as it is a technique.

You Will Need...

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts. (as many as you would like to make)
bacon ( prosciutto is really good too!) enough to wrap each breast with one slice.
Feta Cheese (You'll need approx 2 Tablespoons per breast)
Frozen spinach (I mix the spinach and cheese about half-n-half, so eyeball it.)
Salt & Pepper to taste.
Tooth-picks

Directions

*Pound each of your chicken breasts to approx 1/2 inch thick. (or butterfly them open)
*Season each breast with salt/pepper.
*Spread approx 2 tablespoons of the FETA cheese & Spinach onto the widest portion of each breast.
*Roll the breast up around the filling, starting at the widest end of the breast.
*Wrap each chicken roll with one slice of bacon.
*Secure bacon ends with tooth-picks.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for approx 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.

ENJOY!!


Photobucket
Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Yum! Those really look tasty! I've always enjoyed to look of sushi, but have never been brave enough to try it. These have that neat sushi-look, but are actually cooked! :) Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm....Guess what we're having for dinner tonight? LOL!

    Working with 4-7 family daycare children a day, I NEED delicious simple recipes like this !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. feta or cream cheese...or both?

    sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can use either cream cheese or feta. they are both great! but I have never done both together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum sounds great!!! i will have to try this!!! love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds yummy! I love feta! :)

    BTW, I am inviting you over to Hip Mama's Place for the 2008 Christmas Giveaway Event! Tons of prizes are in stoe for the whole family. So hope to see you join in the fun! :)

    Just go to: www.hipmamasplace.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally gonna try this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made this last night.. and guess what? We have a new family favorite ! It was GREAT!!
    It's a good thing we liked them, because I bought enough chicken boobies to make and freeze another 11 meals !

    Bless your little pea-pickin' heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah, maybe the kids won't like it and then I can have more... and maybe even leftovers... WooHoo!!!!!

    PS Having a Giveaway, food related, over at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow- that sounds delicious! Low fat feta and turkey bacon could make it lower fat for those interested- I think I'll try that this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Made this for our Thanksgiving {we don't do turkey} I usually try never to try a new recipe, without a try out first, but I did this time..

    It was so good! Everyone loved it. It's akeeper, adn SOOOOOO easy..

    Thank you!!

    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to try these!!! My family gets so tired of the same old fried chicken. This will definitely be a welcomed change!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why frozen spinach? can you use fresh?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! you most certainly can use fresh.
    Frozen chopped spinach is one of those "Must haves" for my freezer.
    even if it is home grown.

    Just blanch it, chop it, and use it :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...