Jul 25, 2008

Batch Cooking (prep work)

Ever wonder what 20lbs of diced boneless/skinless chicken breasts looks like?

Like this!
Now, if I can just keep the little hands out of it!


Keep in mind this is my new Tupperware "Thatsa-bowl"... it holds 42 cups!
(I'm falling in love with Tupperware.... it's more expensive yes, but I am sooo sick of containers that have lids that pop off... and bowls that stain, and crack, and just feel flimsy..
This ain't your Mom's Tupperware! Tupperware makes me happy!...
Man! it's official I am a Dork!)

This mountain-o-chicken is going to be the base meat for my two batch cooking dishes for tomorrow.
King Ranch Casserole
and Chicken Pot Pie.

Stay Tuned....
Tomorrow we cook!!!!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Whoa -- that's a mighty bowl! I'd be looking for excuses to use that bowl if I had one! So that's what 20 lbs of chopped chix breasts look like. Looking forward to seeing your mountain-o-chicken recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Homesteading Housewife! Oooo!! I love your tunes!!! Great idea to give us some toe-tapping tunes while we read. I'm sure I've said this before, but you have a great blog! Thanks for entertaining me :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a lot of chicken! i'm a dork too, for tupperware. a friend became a consultant not too long ago, and i keep buying too much. but it's great stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...