Jan 29, 2008

Scalloped Corn... Yummmmm!

This is one of our all time favorite side dishes.
Thanks to My Spoiled-Rotten-Little-Sister Bethany.
It's almost too easy!
And it's definitely too yummy for our own good!

This is a great dish to let the kids make! Mine have all made it and it always turns out GREAT!
And they love to cook something the whole family devourers.
Get your kids cooking with you!! You won't regret it!



It's so good I couldn't even get a pisture before the Little-Foreman-in-Pink ate half of it!

" Scalloped Corn"

2 cans corn "drained"
1 can cream-style corn
some diced bell pepper (optional, add as much or as little as you want)
Diced Onion (optional, add as much or as little as you want)
2 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup sour cream
a shake or two of salt & pepper
1 box corn bread mix (11 oz) I like Jiffy Brand best!
I also like to add a dash of cayenne pepper do whatever sounds good to you..

Mix all the ingredients together.

pour into 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish


bake 35-40min at 350 degrees or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

I always at least double this and use a 9x13 baking dish....
Its great for a big crowd! but cooking times will get longer too.



Enjoy!!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. LOOKS SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!
    I don't suppose it's low carb ;) tee hee -
    P.S. tell the kids to keep an eye on the mailbox
    "The G's in the Keys"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made them go get the mail every day. They don't have a clue something is coming for them! :) they will be sooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent a post card first - Telling them to be on the look out..but not giving anything away ;)
    It's a post card from down here.
    I figure it'll make it there 1 day before the package. I have a tracking# so I may peek and see what day it'll be arriving :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...